Feeling Burnt Out? Feeling Exhausted? Feeling like everything is less than under control? You are not alone. Covid and its associated fear and isolation has really done a number on everyone’s outlook. Here are 5 Easy Tips to Combat burn out! Reenergize yourself! Return hope and peace!
- Create a Vision Board! Take a piece of posterboard. Pick a color you love that excites you. Then search for pictures and phrases of what you want in life and create a collage of what your ideal life looks like. Nothing is impossible so put it all on the board. You want to travel? Get pictures of the places you want to go! You want to eliminate your debt? Take your mortgage statement and white out the balance and replace it with a zero. You want that new vehicle-go on the manufacturer’s site and build the one you want. Print out the picture with all the options. Make it fun and on-going. Post the board over your work desk or somewhere you can frequently see it.
- Nothing helps the racing mind and brings down cortisol in your body like meditation. Think you don’t have time to meditate? Meditation for 3-5 minutes can have the same effect on a person as someone that meditates for much longer periods. You can meditate anywhere-living room couch, in your car, at your desk at work, etc.
- Change the narrative. We all have the habit of hearing the same negative thoughts over and over in our heads. “It is hopeless.” “I will never lose weight” “I am so depressed” “ I am ____” Replace the negative language with just the opposite. “It is hopeful!” “I am losing weight!” “I am happy.”“ I am successful.” Thought is powerful-both negative and positive. You have the power to change that!
- Organize your living space. Don’t take it all on at once! Clean one small area of clutter in your house from a kitchen countertop of table. Use that amazing feeling of control and success to help tackle another small area. A good rule is -If you haven’t needed it in the last year-you probably don’t need it. Donate, throw out or sell these items. Nothing is better than also knowing you helped someone else!
- Exercise! Nothing helps raise the good endorphins and remove the stress endorphins than exercise! You don’t have to spend hours on the treadmill or the gym. Just 5-10 minutes of exercise can make a huge difference on your body and your outlook!!!
Here’s to less burn out and more happiness!!!!
All My Best,